Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa, (UNIZIK) School of Postgraduate Studies is now selling forms for admission into its full-time and part-time Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session. See the courses available, requirements and how to obtain UNIZIK postgraduate form below.
The Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Akwa (UNIZIK) school of postgraduate studies invites application from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under listed Postgraduate Programmes for the 2019/2020 academic Session. UNIZIK postgraduate programmes are run on Full-time and part-time bases.
Before you proceed, check: UNIZIK Postgraduate COURSES.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into the UNIZIK Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with FCGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
The following may apply for admission into UNIZIK Masters Programmes:
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
- Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities that do not use the FCGPA
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TCII(Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Programmes Duration.
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme lasts for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Six (6) semesters
Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters
Masters Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes lasts for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. Part-time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Eight (8) semesters.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme
Full-Time Ph.D. programmes lasts for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. Part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission.
- Application form should be completed on-line by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Click on “Create Account” to Create a new account,
- Fill the form and click on “Submit”
- An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed. Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1, 000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
- To confirm payment:
- Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”
- Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
- Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
- Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
- Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
- Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
- Sale of Form Ends on 23rd August, 2019
- Submission of Form Ends on 26th August, 2019
- Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 24th August, 2019
- PhD applicants in submitting their forms, shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages that should include:
- Topic (not more than 18 words)
- Brief background of the Study
- Aim and Objectives/Purpose
- Expected Outcomes
- All applicants will be invited for a computer based Screening Test from from 4th -6th September, 2019. PhD applicants will in addition to the screening test, undergo Proposal Defence from 4th -6th September, 2019.
N.B.: Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the School of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer, confirm or deny admission.
For further information, contact email@example.com.